January 30, 2023
Curried Appetizer Soup with Chavrie Goat Cheese
- 2 pkg. Chavrie Pyramid (reserve 1 pkg. for garnishing)
- 2 ea Leeks (chopped and washed)
- 1 C Sliced white mushrooms
- 2 oz. Vegetable oil
- 2 ea Granny Smith apples (cut in wedges)
- 24 oz. Apple cider or juice
- 7 oz. Coconut milk
- 2 tsp. Curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric
Sweat leeks and mushrooms in vegetable oil until tender (without color) in a heavy gauge sauce pot.
Add apples, apple cider, coconut milk, curry powder, turmeric. Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Add the Chavrie and season with salt and pepper.
Pour entire contents in a blender and puree or puree with a hand held mixer.
Strain through a fine chinois. And keep warm.
Garnish with slices of apple or a dollop of Chavrie.
Place each sandwich on a preheated panini press and grill until the bread is toasted and the cheese is bubbly. Serve immediately.